The Beady Eyed Craftster is our (mostly) weekly round-up of shiny links from across the internets. As you’re probably aware, last Thursday was Valentine’s day, so there’s been a lot of really great related stuff on the internet – so this is a little round-up of love.
• First up, this wonderful robot-based card from Angela Melick bearing the traditional (for robots) message: “My love for you is within tolerance as specified by the dimensioned drawing that you supplied”. It’s possible that the artist’s engineering background is showing!
• Over to Etsy now, for some nice print work from 4Four. For example: “I Love You…even when you steal all the covers”. He/she also does a nice line in break-up cards (“I want my stuff back”) – but, disappointingly, no 2‑for‑1 offer for a Valentine’s/Break-up combo!
• Also on Etsy, this neat Yoda Valentine’s card (“Love you I do”) from PJ McQuade. If you’ve never pictured Yoda as Cupid before, now is your chance – whether you want to or not.
• Sticking with Star Wars, here’s Admiral Ackbar delivering his catchphrase in this somewhat ambivalent Valentine’s card from Sarah Herrmann – but if your significant other has a fully operational deathstar, this may be the card for you.
• Back down to (Middle) Earth now, with these adorable Dwarven Valentine’s from Yunitea. Really sweet work, and if you’re seeking a burglar partner for an epic adventure then why not say it with dwarves?
• Last but not least, these Science Valentines from Stephoodle have been doing the internet rounds this week – and with good cause, as they’re really cool. Were I to be churlish, I might suggest that including Professor Brian Cox among the giants of science is a questionable decision, but I can’t really complain, as my favourite science dude –Alan Turing– is included. (Of course, given Alan’s troubles it seems like the message ought to have been “Maybe don’t persecute me into an early grave because of whom I choose to love” – but I don’t think that would have been a big seller.)
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
ARTicles on Etsy