The Beady Eyed Craftster is our (mostly) weekly round-up of shiny (mostly) art, design, craft and illustration related links from across the internets.
This week: paper clouds, captured bubbles, mirrored models, sliced time, love and an embroidered planet.
• First up: clouds – geodesic paper clouds. This installation by artist Tomás Saraceno consists of hundreds of papercraft dodecahedrons suspended and assembled into clouds. Really cool looking. [Via Colossal]
• Staying lighter than air: bubbles. We’ve featured bubble photography before. but these examples from photographer Tom Falconer are particularly stunning. [Via Make]
• Also floaty – this intricate model temple by sculptor Takahiro Iwasaki includes its own mirror image, as if in a reflecting pool. It’s a clever idea, and the result is impressive. [Via DesignBoom]
• Real water now: these videos and images from artist Xárene Eskandar slice and reassemble hours of footage across a single frame, resulting in videos that compress a day into minutes. It’s not easy to describe, but you should check out the videos – the effect is very interesting. [Via Fast Co.]
• Valentine’s day approaches, so Design Milk has a timely round up of some cool and crafty Valentines cards from across the internets – there are some really nice designs in there.
• And finally: embroidered Jupiter – check out this chain-stitched Jovian skyscape from stitcher “pardalote”. Nice work, but I’m a bit disappointed it’s not actual size! [Via Craft]
ARTicles on Etsy
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress