The Beady Eyed Craftster is our (mostly) weekly round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• Let’s start with an installation piece; Jacob Hashimoto has created a stunning and chaotic piece consisting of hundreds of paper kites. It’s a fairly incredible work, maybe too busy, but must be breath-taking to see in person. [Via DesignBoom]
• From kites to butterflies now, and another installation piece – but a movable one in this case; Tasha Lewis creates guerrilla installations using 400 printed cotton butterflies on magnets. Clever, non-destructive and cool-looking. [Via Colossal]
• Tutorial time! My wife really likes solid perfume, so I was very interested in this how-to article on making little tins of solid perfume as wedding favours. Looks distinctly doable, too. [Via Etsy]
• And another tutorial! As some who does both digital and canvas based art, I’ve been wondering about using some form of image transfer to combine the two, and this article from Lil Blue Boo looks like a good place to start. It describes using acrylic gel medium to transfer an laser printed image from paper to canvas – check it out.
• Talking of paper, you really should take a look at these amazing paper sculptures from Jen Stark. Really stunning and colourful stuff, and the effort that must have gone into hand-cutting them is incredible.
• And finally, how about some art/illustration from Hector Mansilla? Charming and amusing work that’s definitely worth a look.
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
- Error: No such shop found or shop is not available.