The Beady Eyed Craftster is our weekly round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• I’m writing this on the kind of Sunday morning that really calls for a strong cup of coffee, and I think this rocket-ship inspired espresso cup would be the ideal vessel. Designed by Craig Kaplan, and 3D printed, unfortunately it’s only really a prototype at the moment, but let’s hope it goes commercial at some point. [Via BoingBoing]
• We’re not short on rain here in the UK at the moment, but our rain is rarely as pretty as this Kinetic Rain piece by German firm ART+COM. One thousand two hundred and sixteen computer controlled raindrops are raised and lowered to form moving sculptures – watch the video. [Via Colossal]
• Also spotted on Colossal, these stunning photographs of bubbles by Bjoern Ewers – amazing swirls of colour and delicate shapes – check them out.
• Sticking with colourful photographs, Fabian Oefner takes wonderful pictures of watercolour paint and ferrofluid (magnetic liquid) – the results are pretty stunning. Follow the link for pictures, more information, and some Q&A with the artist.
• Over on Etsy, take a look at these neat steampunk light switch plates from Green Tree Jewelry; wooden cogs and levels make the simple act of flicking a switch into an intricate bit of engineering. I’d love to see a brass and steel version, and maybe a version suitable for British light switches.
• And finally, take a look at Sew Nerdy, a self-described ‘Geek Craft Extravaganza’ and celebration of all things nerdy. There are some really great pieces there – well worth a browse.
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
ARTicles on Etsy