The Beady Eyed Craftster is our weekly round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• Here’s one of Curbly’s excellent round-ups: 10 DIY Paint Chip Art Projects. (‘Paint chips’ are what American folk call ‘those colour chart thingies you get when you’re trying to choose paint colours’ – for some reason they feel their term is snappier).
• Hiné Mizushima makes some frankly adorable felt figures, often including octopodes and squid. You really should take a look.
• Here’s a neat tutorial from Mini-eco; 8-bit pop-up cards. There are full instructions and templates, and the space invader is particularly cool.
• It’s been a while since we’ve featured Lego here, but here’s an amazing set of British birds made by Thomas Poulsom (found via Colossal).
• Also on Colossal, this post has some really fun examples of street art; I particularly like the tentacles, of course.
• And finally, Nathan Shields makes detailed and funny pancakes for his children, including marine life, dog breeds, protozoa, famous buildings and more. Not likely to be found on Etsy any time soon because they’ve already been eat-sied (do you see what I did there?).
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
- Error: No such shop found or shop is not available.