The Beady Eyed Craftster is our weekly round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• One of those art-meets-science projects to begin, via Make: a blanket that knows its own shape. The technical specifications aren’t amazing, but it looks completely wonderful.
• Not one to try at home, but check out this amazing multimedia installation piece from artist Jeff Lieberman featured on Boing Boing. It’s made of 3,600 tiles of LCD glass, 10 foot wide and 90 long – you really have to watch the video.
• Another clever-but-not-too-practical-for-the-likes-of-us idea: faux wallpaper made out of stickers. It looks really neat, but I’m fairly sure it would be insanely expensive.
• Surprisingly practical is this cool fox lamp tutorial – the important component is apparently ‘Stiffy’ Fabric Stiffener used to stiffen the fabric into a hard shell. I’ve never heard of such a product before, but now I have I can think of several projects where Stiffy would be useful. (And that sounds so wrong!)
• I’ve knew crocheting was popular but I didn’t know it was an Olympic event! Okay, not really, but as part of the cultural Olympiad Shauna Richardson has crocheted three huge lions – unfortunately the article doesn’t have great pictures, but they still seem very impressive.
• And finally Craft brings us a Massive Star Wars Craft Roundup For Star Wars Day – that’s May the Fourth (be with you), in case you’re not a nerd. I love the friendly Bantha.
ARTicles on Etsy
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress