The Beady Eyed Craftster is our weekly round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• On Colossal, some amazing Land Art by Cornelia Konrads. I love the ethereal and weightless look of these pieces, like the influence of faerie land.
• Here’s a nice tutorial on how to make a fun lampshade out of up-cycled doilies and a large balloon.
• Dug North makes charming wooden automata: check them out. From his artist’s statement: “Sometimes, it seems as though the things in our lives, demand more from us than they give in return.”
• I liked this quick tutorial on nail art – that’s art made of nails and string, by the way, not painting fingernails. In this case some cool house numbers.
• If you’ve followed my other Beady Eyed Craftster posts you’ll know I’m a fan of origami; and here’s some more great examples from Dinh Truong Giang. Really clever work, full of emotion.
• Here’s a really original idea: Matt Richardson has built a camera that produces descriptions rather than pictures. So instead of a picture of a run down building you get a print out that reads “This is a faded picture of a dilapidated building. It seems to be run-down and in need of repairs.” How does it know? The miracle of distributed Human Intelligence Tasks, i.e. it asks people on the internet.
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
ARTicles on Etsy