The Beady Eyed Craftster is our occasional round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• This tutorial from Design Folder on giving a bit of colour to spare bottles and jars is pretty cool, and the results are spiffy. [Found via Curbly]
• Another how-to; Dismount Creative shows us how to make a bowl from leather scraps and rivets.
• Boston Public Library’s collection of old travel posters is well worth a browse. I love the retro styles of these pieces.
• Doing the rounds on the interwebs recently, but worth a mention nonetheless, this skull carved from obsolete computer manuals is super cool. As a computer guy, hefty manuals relating to dead technologies is something I’m very familiar with.
• Acommonname makes paper-cut geodes to install in empty urban gaps: missing bricks, unused pipes, etc. The geodes are formed from hundreds of individual pieces of paper geometric solids.
• YouTube video time: this cool vid of a ferrofluid in a magnetic field is really interesting, forming intricate mazes and calligraphic patterns. Worth a watch.
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
- Error: No such shop found or shop is not available.