The Beady Eyed Craftster is our occasional round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets. This week it’s rather heavy on the ‘art’ side of things, rather than the ‘craft’ side – sorry about that, but the beady eye falls where it will.
• Here’s a interesting form for an art exhibition to take: a free newspaper. Artist Steve Wilkins has sketched people on his daily commute for over 10 years, and has now had his sketches printed in newspaper format. Some of the sketches look excellent – why not check out the blog?
• It used to be that being able to see the pixels in an artwork was a sign of poor Photoshop skills, but –happily– the retro design trend of recent years has made pixels quite the thing. I particular like it when pixels creep into real-life objects, and Design Milk brings up a great round-up of such designs.
• Hungry? How about a knitted canapé? Check out Kate Jenkins’ excellent knitted and crocheted foodstuffs over at the Guardian.
• Every painter has a favourite medium, I like acrylics, for example, but I’ve tried watercolours, oils, pastels, etc. One I haven’t tried, however, is gunpowder. The world renowned Cai Guo-Qiang has; and Boing Boing brings us a wonderful behind-the-scenes look at what goes into producing such explosive artwork, from the point of view of a volunteer assistant.
• Design-your-own-fabric site Spoonflower held a squid themed fabric competition: the winners are pretty groovy – why not take a look?
• What’s cooler that an intricate piece of origami? How about stop-motion video of those pieces assembling / disassembling themselves – found via the brilliant Colossal.
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
- Error: No such shop found or shop is not available.