The Beady Eyed Craftster is our occasional round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• Needle felting is another of those crafts I’ve been thinking about for a while, and so I found this tutorial on Needle Felting Angry Birds very interesting, and the geeky subject matter helps as well.
• Staying with birds, Misha spotted this cool crocheted chicken pin-cushion on Etsy, and the minibytes shop has some other cool pieces.
• This next link is covered in bees! Hannah Haworth has knitted 50 life sized bees. As she points out, that’s 100 antenna and 300 legs. Mind you, if you’re going for a life-sized model, bees are the they way to go. They look brilliant, but her Gallery has some even more impressive pieces – like wolves and whales.
• Is it too meta to link to a round-up in our round-up? After birds and bees, we need flowers. and the always excellent Curbly delivers with a set of 7 paper flower tutorials.
• Also following on from the birds and bees; a baby. A slightly scary but cool cyborg baby, plus some other cyber sculpture from Ziwon Wang (via The Creator’s Project).
• Not-really-craft-link of the week: BoingBoing brings us Doogie Horner’s chart: “The Work Habits of the Moon and Sun”. Which are you?
ARTicles on Etsy
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress