The Beady Eyed Craftster is our occasional round-up of shiny (mostly) art and craft related links from across the internets.
• How many projects do you see that combine high-energy physics and quilting? Well, here’s one more: Kate Findlay makes quilts inspired by the Large Hadron Collider.
• Another ‘one per day’ project, in this case one on a subject close to this blog’s heart: Rupa dasGupta has been drawing an octopus a day since 2010. Check out her imaginative, sinuous and often semi-abstract octopodes.
• Still on octopodes, have you seen this cool Tentacle Scarf over on Etsy? Want!
• Also close to this blog’s heart: buttons! Handmade wooden buttons, no less – Katie Startzman shows us how.
• Not something I ever expected to see, but these Downton Abbey Paper Dolls(!) by Kyle Hilton are fun, with some nice bits of design. The Dowager Countess is the best, of course.
• Non craft link time: Radio host Jesse Thorn gives us “Make Your Thing: 12 Point Program for Absolutely, Positively 1000% No-Fail Guaranteed Success”, which despite the tongue-in-cheek title is a collection of mini case studies of several indie creators. No crafters, it’s all indie musicians, web-cartoonists and new media types, but many of the ideas are applicable whatever is is you’re making.
Once again, if there any links you’d like to share – leave a comment.
Tags3D art birds buttons cards christmas colour craft craftmas crochet digital art etsy felt food handmade homemade christmas illustration inspiration jade lego links lino lino cut marine life nautilus octopus origami painting paper paper cut photography portfolio postcards printing prints robots sculpture squid tech tools treasury unruley articles valentine vector art work in progress
- Error: No such shop found or shop is not available.